8.15.2005

fyi: bloody aftertastes do not diminish the amazingness that is diet vanilla coke

for inquiring minds, the anesthesiologist was the perfect amount of very cute but not hot. that man was born to do what he does. he completely knocked me out. as i lay there looking like a troll with the world's largest surgical gown and my hair in a shower cap fro, he told me i had beautiful teeth, which made me completely forget that i was moments away from entering into a comatosed state. it was one of the most perfect compliments ive ever received. it was simple, it had nothing to do with the context, it was completely unexpected, and most importantly, there was no motive whatsoever for it. somehow when you receive a completely random compliment moments before surgical tools dig into your face it removes the cheese factor and turns what would otherwise be a generic attempt to cheer someone up into the perfect compliment. anyway, that was my last conscious memory before surgery. if i was a writer i would put that scene into a book. its like a movie in my mind. i even have the perfect background music.

i regained consciousness a few hours later. my post surgery state can be summed up with this:

massive pain, blood, 5 inch nasal packing that felt like it was poking into my brain, bandaged swollen face, pain, the worst sore throat ive ever had (from the tubes they stuff down your throat during surgery), too much medication, pain, bedrest, dizzy spells, im so ugly now moments, tv, suppositories (sorry), flowers, pain, love.

going through severe pain is beneficial in ways though. it gives you time to think about things you need to think about. i needed that blessing.

after the packing came out, there was a world of difference in my ability to ignore the pain. you really do get used to it. my first active day was the day of saima's shower. exhausting but fun. she seemed happy which made it all worth it. yesterday, was picnic day. blah i feel like im writing in caveman sentences. thats probably a signal to end this post. my brain feels like i have salt water sloshing through it. 22222222222222222222222222222

9 Comments:

Anonymous Azher said...

I hope everything went well. After surgery most pain is nothing! Think about it, now you can do crazy stuff at the gym and the next day the soreness won't be half as bad as surgery pain.

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Storm982 said...

i had jaw surgery a couple years ago... post operation pain was definately a biotch... haha

12:21 PM  
Blogger lululee said...

ohh poor girl, so do you look like michael jackson yet???

10:13 PM  
Blogger LaLa2000 said...

youve got purty hair

6:54 AM  
Blogger natasha1313 said...

you looked nice and seemed on top of things at the shower. and what's the difference between diet coke and coke zero? seriously, isn't like the exact same drink?

10:20 AM  
Blogger joegibson73645077 said...

I read your blog, and i thought it was rather cool. check out My Blog
Please Click Here to view it

Have a great day.

4:35 AM  
Blogger hazzuda said...

I hope you're feeling better!! Blood wouldn't be so bad if it didn't taste like metal..eww. I'm sorry for your pain. The worst is behind you. C-bus is not the same w/out you!! Come back...

8:02 AM  
Blogger Q said...

hi samar this is qudsia you probably don't remember me but i love to stalk your blog. ok that sounds retarded please don't get a restraining order on me i don't know where you live honest. ok seriously i dont that sounds even creepier. ahh!

but i just thought i'd let you know that an online acquaintance (sp?) inquired as to whether you were 'taken' (bastard patriarchy! we are not commodities to be claimed!) and then proceeded to ask if you were his 'type'.

..and when i said no, he took great offense. apparently, the thought of being out of someones league is not one he can digest all too well :) and it made me chuckle. is that mean? ok it is horribly mean. but it still made me chuckle.

that tangential and pointless information brought to you by me. i hope you're well!!!

12:19 AM  
Blogger craig67hanna said...

Just passing by your blog and though you'd like this site.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home